LOWNDES COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — Gov. Kay Ivey’s office has named a new sheriff for Lowndes County Friday.
Lowndes County Chief Deputy Christopher West has been announced as the sheriff following the death of Sheriff “Big John” Williams last month. Williams was shot and killed while responding to a call Nov. 23.
West has been in law enforcement for 24 years, according to his bio on LCSO’s website. Before serving as the Chief Deputy of Lowndes County, West was the Chief of Police in Fort Deposit.
- 5 indicted in fatal shooting of Ramsay High senior
- Florida man arrested after harassing families of Sandy Hook school shooting victims
- ‘No place like Miami’: Super Bowl returns to South Florida for 11th time
- Lawmakers looking to keep Trump from expanding travel ban
- NFL writer John Clayton predicts Mahomes will propel Chiefs to Super Bowl win