MOODY, Ala. (WIAT) — Today, family and friends from across Alabama will gather in Moody to remember the life and legacy of Lt. Stephen Williams.
Williams, who worked over 20 years in law enforcement, was shot and killed in the line of duty while responding to a disturbance call at the Super 8 Motel in Moody June 2.
He left behind a wife and three childre. Williams served with the Moody Police Department for three years and previously worked in the Bessemer and Alabaster police departments.
The viewing will start at 9 a.m. while the memorial will begin at 11 a.m.
- Alleged white supremacist arrested after ankle monitor puts him at Capitol riot
- From Scranton to Pennsylvania Avenue: Joe Biden’s Story
- Women to wear pearls, Converse on Inauguration Day in Harris’ honor
- When will more mass COVID-19 vaccination sites come to Jefferson County?
- ‘Reject the rendering’: Is chicken plant a foul play for Gadsden?