LIMESTONE COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — The state attorney general’s office says a north Alabama judge has been arrested on a charge that he misused his office for personal gain.
Limestone County District Judge Douglas Lee Patterson was arrested Thursday. The attorney general’s office said Patterson used $47,000 intended for juvenile court programs for his personal expenses.
The attorney general’s office said he also improperly took money when he served as a conservator for a nursing home resident and for another man.
Court records did not show if Patterson has an attorney representing him.
- US, others prepare evacuations as virus spreads from China
- Big Game Bound: Live at 1pm ET with Hall of Fame RB Barry Sanders
- Local artist without arms, legs creates intricate watercolor paintings, Valentine’s Day cards
- Mahomes Mania in Miami: Love for the Chiefs QB extends well beyond Kansas City
- Man shot on 21st Street North; Birmingham police searching for suspect