BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Birmingham Legion FC will open up the 2020 United Soccer League season July 15 at home against Memphis 901 FC.
The teams will square off at BBVA Field and a small number of fans will be allowed to be in the stands during the game. All season ticket holders will be allowed to attend each home game and will have a specifically assigned seat location.
In order for fans to attend, BBVA Field has implemented COVID-19 safety measures as well including socially distant seating, sanitizer stations, face mask requirements for staff at all times and for fans before entering the stadium. BBVA Field will also be a “cashless” environment throughout the season.
The game kicks off at 7 p.m. and will air on ESPN2.
- Alabama Department of Public Health releases COVID-19 guidance for schools
- Second stimulus checks: Progress slow on virus relief bill with $1,200 payments
- Central AL Forecast: Just a few showers today, mainly dry trend continues
- Heart and double-lung transplant recipient sharing his story to inspire others
- ‘Back the Blue’ rally draws crowd of supporters and counter-protesters