SPRINGVILLE, Ala. (WIAT) — Multi-platinum selling artist Lecrae is set to perform at the St. Clair Prison in Springville on Friday.
The event is being put on by Prison Fellowship, a Christian nonprofit that aims to serve prisoners, former prisoners and their families.
“We are thrilled to have Lecrae and The Birdsongs join us and perform for our first Hope Event since this coronavirus pandemic began,” said President and CEO of Prison Fellowship James Ackerman.
The multi-Grammy Award winner will perform as well as give a Q&A session with the prisoners in attendance. The concert will be opened by Christian rock band The Birdsongs.
- WATCH: Ellen DeGeneres makes on-air apology, vows a ‘new chapter’
- Bank shares tumble after reports of rampant money laundering
- Alabama Archives faces its legacy as Confederate ‘attic’
- Newsfeed Now: Tracking Beta; Battle over SCOTUS vacancy heats up
- SUV driver leaves crash scene, gets into second crash and dies, police say