There are several organizations in the Jefferson County area that offer resources to those seeking addiction recovery services.
The following organizations offer a helping hand for those that are trying to find their way out of addiction:
- The Foundry Ministries: https://www.foundryministries.com/
- Addiction Prevention Coalition: http://www.addictionpreventioncoalition.org/
- Aletheia House: http://www.uwca.org/aletheia-house/
- Special Kind of Caring: https://www.specialkindofcaring.org/
- The Lovelady Center: http://www.addicted.org/directory/item/the-lovelady-center.html
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration: https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/national-helpline
In addition to organizations serving the community, individuals have felt compelled to make a difference in the crisis in their community.
Susan Brawley is one person working to bring an end to the state of Alabama’s opioid problem. Brawley lost her son Aaron when he was 23 to the opioid crisis.
She has been active in spreading her message through her Facebook page, Love for AARON/Hate for Heroin, which can be found HERE.