BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — In Jefferson County, school administrators are taking another look at graduation plans following Gov. Kay Ive’s amended safer-at-home order for Alabama.
Jefferson County Schools Superintendent Walter Gonsoulin released a statement on Saturday, which says in part that “due to those amendments, we will review and reevaluate our commencement plans.”
Gonsoulin said the school system will consult with the Jefferson County Department of Health and the Alabama State Department of Education before making plans. He also said the main priority is to celebrate the students in a safe and responsible way.
- Dunkin’ offering free coffee deal
- Central AL Forecast: Scattered Showers; Cold Front Arrives Monday Night
- Patriots look to rebound as they host 2-0 Raiders
- Gameday on the Plains in 2020
- Alabama residents welcome back the return of SEC Football