BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Jefferson County Schools system is participating in a food delivery program. The emergency meals-to-you program mails 10 breakfasts and 10 lunches to a student’s home every two weeks.
In order to receive food, students must attend a school that qualifies based on the program’s guidelines.
The first boxed meals will be mailed sometime after May 18th once all enrollment forms
have been verified and processed. The program will continue through June 30, 2020.
Students must already be enrolled in the free and reduced lunch program. Enrollment closes on Sunday.
For a list of participating schools and to register, head to https://mealstoyou.org/emergency-meals-to-you-application/
- Mnuchin and Powell on pandemic progress: US economy is improving, but still fragile
- Authorities searching for missing Irondale woman
- National Voter Registration Day: How to register to vote in Alabama
- Second arrest made in Alabaster shooting that killed man, seriously injured woman
- 20,000 American flags placed near White House to remember lives lost to coronavirus