BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Jefferson County Schools system is participating in a food delivery program. The emergency meals-to-you program mails 10 breakfasts and 10 lunches to a student’s home every two weeks.
In order to receive food, students must attend a school that qualifies based on the program’s guidelines.
The first boxed meals will be mailed sometime after May 18th once all enrollment forms
have been verified and processed. The program will continue through June 30, 2020.
Students must already be enrolled in the free and reduced lunch program. Enrollment closes on Sunday.
For a list of participating schools and to register, head to https://mealstoyou.org/emergency-meals-to-you-application/
- Clanton mayor Billy Joe Driver diagnosed with COVID-19
- LIVE: Family says human remains found in Texas are missing soldier
- COVID-19 event cancellations cause Alabama, Lyric theaters to look for other ways to keep the lights on
- CBS 42 Cares: Your Source of Information for Local Organizations and Events in Central Alabama That You Can Support
- WATCH: Senator Doug Jones, Montgomery Mayor Reed to provide updates about COVID-19 crisis