BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — It was reported on Tuesday, June 5 that Jefferson County Sheriff’s Deputy Jacob Tillman was having inappropriate relations with a juvenile.
The victim stated the behavior had been occurring for an extended period of time.
Tillman resigned from the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office effective today, June 5, 2020. After intense investigation and review with the Jefferson District Attorney’s Office, Tillman was placed in the Jefferson County Jail on charges of sexual abuse 1st Degree.
Tillman’s bond is set at $30,000 and additional charges are possible.
- Parents of autistic children push for reduced penalty for assaulting police
- New York town of Swastika chooses to keep its name
- Photographer on a quest to capture all of Birmingham’s murals
- How can I tell the difference between the flu and COVID-19?
- Protesters leave casket full of dirt, cow manure at North Carolina police station