NEW YORK (AP) — An Auburn University gymnast who suffered career-ending injuries to both knees says her goals now include walking down the aisle at her upcoming wedding.
Samantha Cerio, an aerospace engineering major from North Carolina, also is preparing to graduate and has accepted a job with Boeing as a structural design analysis engineer.
Cerio, 22, discussed her future plans in an interview with NBC's "Today" show that aired Monday.
Auburn's gymnastics coach said Cerio suffered dislocations and torn ligaments in both knees in a gruesome injury during an NCAA regional semifinal in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, this month. She has tweeted against people sharing the video, writing that her pain is "not your entertainment."
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- The Latest: Arkansas River town ordered evacuated
- President Trump speaks about the 'I' word as Pelosi tries to ramp up impeachment talk among Dems
- Officer's Best Friend: K-9 partner visits his wounded Auburn Officer in hospital
- Hank Williams Jr. offering $6,000 reward for his grandfather's missing gun