JEFFERSON COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office is investigating human remains that were found in the woods in Jefferson County on Thanksgiving.
The department was notified by a citizen that skeletal remains were discovered inside a shed within a wooded hunting area near the 5700 block of Woodland Drive. According to the Jefferson County Coroner’s Office, evidence suggests the remains might be those of a 54-year-old white man who lived in Hueytown at one time.
An examination of the remains will be performed Friday to identify the remains, as well as the cause of death.
- Betty White to mark 99th birthday by “feeding ducks”
- Central AL Forecast: Cold & dry for the near-term; Rain chances late next week
- People from Alabama crossing state lines to play lottery
- Quick-thinking waitress used sign to save boy from allegedly abusive parents, police say
- IRS delays start of tax season to Feb. 12