BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Due to inclement weather, Birmingham City Schools (BSC) has announced that all remaining graduation ceremonies will be rescheduled for Sunday, June 7 at Legion Feild.
In a statement from BSC, it says due to social distancing restrictions, moving the ceremonies to alternate indoor locations is not feasible. Commencement ceremonies for Huffman,
Carver, Parker, and Ramsay High Schools will take place on June 7.
The revised schedule is below for Sunday, June 7:
- 8:30 a.m. – Huffman HS
- 11:30 a.m. – Carver
- 2:30 p.m. – Parker
- 5:30 p.m. – Ramsay
All graduation participants are asked to arrive at Legion Field one hour prior to their scheduled graduation time.
- Eula Battle, wife of Huntsville mayor Tommy Battle, dies
- Run/Walk virtually with CBS 42 and the Autism Society of Alabama
- Tua named Dolphins’ starting quarterback
- 19-year-old shot in Fairfield after argument with ‘acquaintance’
- Crews work to put out fire at Pine Ridge Apartments in Gadsden