DEKALB COUNTY, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say five people have died in a mobile home fire in rural north Alabama.
News outlets report that flames engulfed a trailer in DeKalb County on Thursday. Coroner Bruce Wilson said Friday the dead include a woman, her three young children and the woman’s boyfriend.
Wilson says the family had a wood stove and other heaters inside their home near the Georgia line. He says the fire appears to have been an accident caused by one of the heaters, but the state fire marshal’s office is investigating.
- Man pleads guilty to stealing $365,000 from Cullman County Fair
- Dolphins’ Tagovailoa misses practice because of illness
- Ford recalls over 700,000 vehicles because backup cameras can go dark
- Inclusive emojis: Transgender flag, male bride among new icons expected in the next iPhone operating system
- Woman will have multiple plastic surgeries to look like Kamala Harris, Texas surgeon says