HOOVER, Ala. (WIAT) — The Hoover Police Department is investigating a house fire that killed a family dog Wednesday as an act of arson.
The fire occurred in the 5400 block of Scout Trace Lane. No one was home at the time except the animal.
After further investigation, it was determined the fire was set intentionally. Surveillance footage shows a suspect spray a liquid accelerant from a green container. A photo of the suspect is shown below.
If you have any information the suspect, contact Detective Joe Nickelson at (205) 444-7620.
No other information has been released at this time. The investigation is still ongoing.
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill
- 500,000 sharks might have to die to fight COVID-19, advocacy group says
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 moments that defined the night
- Fact check: A look at claims from Trump and Biden’s first debate
- ‘Would you shut up, man?’: Trump, Biden interrupt each other during chaotic debate