BOSTON (AP) — Authorities say an Alabama man caught with a loaded handgun in his carry-on bag at Boston’s Logan International Airport told Transportation Security Administration officers he didn’t know he had a weapon in his luggage and said a co-worker may have put it there.
The TSA said in a statement Wednesday the 9mm gun loaded with five bullets was spotted by a TSA X-ray machine at a security checkpoint on Tuesday. The TSA contacted state police, who confiscated the gun and cited the man on a state weapons charge.
The TSA did not release his name.
- Destination Alabama: Cathedral Caverns
- US may ban TikTok and other Chinese social media, Pompeo says
- North Alabama prison worker accused of brandishing gun in drive-thru
- Colin Kaepernick signs multi-project deal with Disney
- Beats by Dre announces Bubba Wallace endorsement deal: ‘Hate cannot win the day’