BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — UPDATE (8/18): The Jefferson County Coroner has identified the body found by grass cutting crews last week along I-59.
20-year-old Jaylon Jamir Williams of Fairfield was found deceased last Thursday on the north side of the Bush Boulevard exit ramp.
The coroner’s office reports Williams sustained trauma but the cause of death has yet to be determined.
No other information has been released at this time. The investigation is still ongoing.
ORIGINAL (8/13): A crew of state contractors was cutting grass along I-59/20 when they discovered a human body, according to the Birmingham Police Department.
The body was discovered by the Bush Boulevard exit. It is being ruled as an unclassified death at this time, BPD says.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- Burger King manager arrested for stealing money, setting fire to restaurant
- Gadsden man arrested after more than 600 photos, videos of child pornography found
- Alabama AG: Former Barbour County Sheriff arrested for violating state ethics laws
- Man charged with rape after 13-year-old girl taken from Nashville Walmart
- Gun and ammo shortage looms as hunting season approaches