MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — Gov. Kay Ivey has issued a State of Emergency as Tropical Storm Sally heads towards the Gulf Coast of Alabama Monday.
The storm is expected to reach hurricane status as it makes landfall in or near Mobile and Baldwin counties.
The issuance also directs the Alabama National Guard to be on standby to be activated to the affected areas.
READ THE FULL ORDER BELOW:
- WATCH: Ellen DeGeneres makes on-air apology, vows a ‘new chapter’
- Bank shares tumble after reports of rampant money laundering
- Alabama Archives faces its legacy as Confederate ‘attic’
- Newsfeed Now: Tracking Beta; Battle over SCOTUS vacancy heats up
- SUV driver leaves crash scene, gets into second crash and dies, police say