HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WIAT) — A Georgia man has pled guilty to seeking sexual contact with a minor in Alabama, according to US Attorney Prim Escalona.
William Park Winston, 35, was charged with one count of traveling with the intent to engage in illicit sexual contact with a minor.
According to court documents, Winston drove to Alabama to have sex with a 15-year-old girl. He had reserved an Airbnb in Huntsville and also arranged an Uber ride to transport the child. The Uber driver called 911 after becoming concerned for the child’s safety.
No other information has been released at this time.
- Officer shot in Louisville walks into roll call the next morning
- 2 vehicles drive into crowd protesting Breonna Taylor’s killing; at least 1 hit
- Alabama coastal towns delay beach reopening after Sally
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg is first woman to lie in state at US Capitol
- Dead body found during call on Birmingham apartment fire