HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WIAT) — A Georgia man has pled guilty to seeking sexual contact with a minor in Alabama, according to US Attorney Prim Escalona.
William Park Winston, 35, was charged with one count of traveling with the intent to engage in illicit sexual contact with a minor.
According to court documents, Winston drove to Alabama to have sex with a 15-year-old girl. He had reserved an Airbnb in Huntsville and also arranged an Uber ride to transport the child. The Uber driver called 911 after becoming concerned for the child’s safety.
No other information has been released at this time.
- Retired Col. Ralph Puckett to Best Ranger competitors: ‘You are the best our country produces’
- Alaska to offer COVID vaccines in airports
- TPD: Man suffers ‘serious’ head injuries after being attacked with axe, suspect still on the loose
- The names of the 8 victims murdered in the Indianapolis FedEx mass shooting
- ‘This violence must end’: Calls for action on Capitol Hill after latest mass shooting