GADSDEN, Ala. (WIAT) — A situation has been cleared at Gadsden State Community College’s East Broad and Wallace Drive campuses following a notification from the school telling students to stay away.
In an email released by the college Thursday morning, the only details about what was happening was that there was a “fluid situation” going on at the campuses with the Gadsden Police Department. The department later confirmed that officers were chasing a suspect one block from the college and decided to put the school on lockdown.
The situation has now been cleared.
- Birmingham Legion FC Raises $8,800 For Civil Rights Institute
- Sports bars brace for possible losses if 2020 football season is canceled
- Back to school: Lawmakers debate safest options for students, teachers as schools prepare to reopen
- Hotel owners concerned about football season in Tuscaloosa
- 100 arrested after night of looting in downtown Chicago; 13 police injured