GADSDEN, Ala. (WIAT) — A Gadsden man has been arrested in connection to a robbery where two store clerks were held at gunpoint, authorities say.
David Coshatt is charged with first-degree robbery for holding two store clerks at Ball Play Grocery at gunpoint. On October 17, the Gadsden man stole $274 from the register during the robbery, Investigator Will Farley said.
Coshatt admitted to holding the store clerks at gunpoint with a toy gun, taking the money from the register and running to his vehicle where he fled the scene in a silver Chevrolet Malibu, the sheriff’s office reports. Coshatt had prior felonies for first-degree arson.
He was picked up at his residence in the Ball Play community a couple of hours after the robbery occurred. Coshatt was taken into custody and transported to the Etowah County Detention Center where he is being held on a $201,000 surety bond.
- CDC considering shortening quarantine time for COVID-19 exposure
- Fans still excited for Iron Bowl after Saban contracts COVID-19
- 2 businesses burglarized in Montgomery County
- Doctor shares video showing what COVID patients see in final moments
- AEA: Students are using doctors notes to get out of quarantine