MOODY, Ala. (WIAT) — A funeral will be held Monday for Sgt. Stephen Williams, an officer with the Moody Police Department who was killed in the line of duty Tuesday.
Visitation will be held from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday at Southern Heritage in Pelham. From 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Monday, there will be visitation at First Baptist of Moody with the funeral service beginning immediately afterward.
Williams spent 23 years in law enforcement and worked in Bessemer and Alabaster before coming to Moody. He leaves behind a wife and three children.
Williams will be buried at the Alabama National Cemetery in Montevallo.
- Can a Supreme Court vacancy be filled during election year?
- Patagonia prints ‘vote the a**holes out’ on clothing tags
- Justice Ginsburg’s ‘fervent’ last wish was to ‘not be replaced until a new president is installed,’ report says
- McConnell says he plans to push forward with Trump Supreme Court nominee
- Family of missing Bibb County woman speaks out about her disappearance