BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Funeral services have been announced for John Bresnan.
Bresnan passed away unexpectedly on Friday while on duty as Homewood fire chief. He was 58 years old.
Funeral services will take place Wednesday at 1 p.m. at Homewood Church of Christ.
In lieu of flowers, memorials honoring Bresnan can be sent to help those battling the Australian wildfires, Marine Life Conservation or to the Dauphin Island Sea Lab.
- 2 dead, 8 injured in Lavish Lounge Night Club shooting in Greenville Co.
- Central Alabama Forecast: Rain Increasing Next Week
- Blood drive for Neuroblastoma Awareness in memory of 10-year-old
- Community calls for change after Galleria shooting claims life of 8-year-old boy
- WATCH: Fabulous Fourth of July Fireworks