BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Funeral services have been announced for John Bresnan.
Bresnan passed away unexpectedly on Friday while on duty as Homewood fire chief. He was 58 years old.
Funeral services will take place Wednesday at 1 p.m. at Homewood Church of Christ.
In lieu of flowers, memorials honoring Bresnan can be sent to help those battling the Australian wildfires, Marine Life Conservation or to the Dauphin Island Sea Lab.
- Hoover dispatchers heading to Baldwin County to offer relief
- 72nd Emmy Awards: The Winners
- President Trump approves major disaster declaration in Alabama after Hurricane Sally
- 60-year-old woman killed, teen injured in Elyton Village shooting in Birmingham
- Birmingham Public library furloughing 158 employees