CHELSEA, Ala. (WIAT) — The funeral Chelsea Fire Chief Wayne Shirley will be held this weekend.
On Friday, there will be a public viewing at the Pelham Civic Complex for Shirley, who died earlier this month after spending weeks in the ICU. The viewing will be held from 5 to 7 p.m.
The funeral will be held Saturday, with public visitation between held from 9 to 10 a.m. and the funeral starting shortly after. Shirley will be buried at the gravesite at Liberty Baptist Church in Chelsea.
In lieu of flowers, Shirley’s family has requested that donations be made to:
Alabama Fire College
Attn: Wayne Shirley Memorial Fund
2501 Phoenix Drive
Tuscaloosa, AL 35405
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill
- 500,000 sharks might have to die to fight COVID-19, advocacy group says
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 moments that defined the night
- Fact check: A look at claims from Trump and Biden’s first debate
- ‘Would you shut up, man?’: Trump, Biden interrupt each other during chaotic debate