KIMBERLY, Ala (WAIT) — Family and friends of Kimberly Police Officer Nick O’Rear are finding ways to give back to his family.
Before O’Rear worked for the Kimberly Police Department, he was with Ashville Police in St. Clair County.
O’Rear leaves behind two children, a 5-year-old daughter and a 3-year-old son. The children’s mother, Ashley O’Rear, said they’re devastated and hope her children remember the hero their father was.
O’Rear was also expecting a child with his girlfriend.
Desirae Cash, a family friend, said they want to help out the family any way they can.
“In times like this, it takes a tribe to bring together a family, raise a family and that’s where the community comes in to help this mother and her two kids and the grieving family outside of her. It’s not just affecting them, it hits hard. This is a community and family, friends, everyone is hurt right now,” said Cash.
Cash said they want to bring awareness to all the family members of Nick O’Rear and hope everyone continues to pray for them.
- Pirate-themed scavenger hunt coming to Birmingham Nov. 21
- Two full moons to shine in October
- XFL football games to return spring of 2022
- Yuengling’s Hershey Chocolate Beer to be released in multiple states
- LIVE TODAY: Southeastern Stream Live – Week 2