BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Former Spain Park High School basketball star Parker Boswell has passed away at the age of 19.
The Hoover basketball standout’s passing was announced by Spain Park High School basketball coach Chris Laatsch Thursday evening. Boswell died following a car accident.
Boswell played varsity boy’s basketball for five years and was named to the 2018-19 All-County team as a senior. He graduated in 2019 from Spain Park High School, serving as his class’ Vice President, according to his obituary on the Arrington Funeral Home website. Boswell went on to play men’s basketball at Southern Union on a full scholarship.
The following information is from the Arrington Funeral Home website:
Boswell’s celebration of life will be held Saturday at the Church of the Highlands’ Grants Mill Campus at 11 a.m. The community is welcome to attend the celebration in-person, or via virtual streaming. A mask is required for entry and attendees must adhere to social distance requirements. Church of the Highlands has extended overflow areas and lobby streaming in order to accommodate the community. The interment will be family only.
- Les Miles, Kansas agree to ‘mutual’ split after LSU report on sexual complaints
- Birmingham realtor in need of life-saving bone marrow transplant
- Josh Jacobs’ case closed; DIU charges dropped against Raiders RB
- Judge orders Arizona man who wore horns in Capitol riot to stay in jail
- Jefferson County neighbors complain about sludge being applied to land near homes, river