HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WIAT) — A former Madison County man has been arrested on multiple charges of child pornography, according to federal prosecutors.
Justin David Beatty, 29, was charged with 16 counts of child pornography crimes. He was charged with five counts of child pornography production, six counts of receiving child pornography and five counts of coercion and enticement of a minor.
Federal prosecutors say the crimes occurred between March 2013 and August 2014. If convicted, Beatty could face a life sentence from the coercion charges alone.
“These crimes are detestable and our investigators and prosecutors will remain ever vigilant in protecting victims,” U.S. Attorney Jay E. Town said. “He now faces federal charges in federal court, and if convicted will occupy bed space reserved for him in federal a prison.”
Beatty was previously arrested in 2012 for coercing a child under the age of 16 to send him nude pictures and in 2012 for possessing child pornography.
- 2 arrested after leading deputies on chase believed to be a kidnapping
- US Supreme Court grants Alabama’s request to halt ruling on curbside voting
- Alabama groups and lawmakers react to Pope Francis same-sex union comments
- Coronavirus vaccine: When will it be ready and will it be safe?
- Birmingham city leaders and Health professionals call for more COVID-19 testing in JeffCo.