BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — A former officer with the Birmingham Police Department was sent to prison Monday after being convicted of raping a 14-year-old girl between 2008 and 2011.
Peter Williston, 50, was sentenced to 21 years and three months for first-degree rape. Williston, who served 17 years with the BPD, was convicted on the rape charge back in February.
Williston was first arrested and charged with rape in June 2018 after a woman notified the police that he sexually abused her 10 years prior when she was only 14 years old.
- Newsfeed Now: Health officials pause use of J&J vaccine, unrest continues for second night after deadly MN arrest
- Illinois man discovers 19th-century tunnel beneath his property
- Hissing gator invades Florida woman’s kitchen
- Will Alabama pause use on Johnson & Johnson vaccine over blood clot concern?
- ‘Glow on the Green’ golf fundraiser hosted by CBS 42, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Birmingham