LEE COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — Former Alabama House Speaker Mike Hubbard has turned himself in to the Lee County Jail to begin a four-year prison sentence.
This comes after Hubbard’s appeal to the Alabama Supreme Court was denied back in August. Hubbard is accused of violating ethics violations during his time as Speaker of the House. He was found guilty on 12 counts back in 2016.
Hubbard served in the Alabama House of Representatives from 1998 until his conviction in 2016.
- SEC announces partnership with contact tracing company
- Panel to look at old Alabama prisons as new ones planned
- Labor Day holiday has yet to lead to virus surge in Alabama
- Librarians react to furloughing of library employees set to begin Friday
- St. Clair County falls victim to cyber attack, investigation underway