BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Birmingham City Council has announced the approval of a plan to make Five Points South an entertainment district. The district will allow the carrying of open containers of alcohol outside of establishments.
According to the Birmingham City Council, the designation will go into effect March 1, 2020.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Dunkin’ offering free coffee deal
- Central AL Forecast: Scattered Showers; Cold Front Arrives Monday Night
- Patriots look to rebound as they host 2-0 Raiders
- Gameday on the Plains in 2020
- Alabama residents welcome back the return of SEC Football