BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Birmingham City Council has announced the approval of a plan to make Five Points South an entertainment district. The district will allow the carrying of open containers of alcohol outside of establishments.
According to the Birmingham City Council, the designation will go into effect March 1, 2020.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Miley Cyrus to play Super Bowl concert for vaccinated frontline workers
- Live: White House holds briefing before Biden outlines racial equity agenda
- Polk County ‘Paramedic of the Year’ arrested in theft of COVID vaccines
- Kellyanne Conway accused of tweeting topless photo of 16-year-old daughter
- ‘No Hard Feelings’: Patriots fans still rooting for Brady