MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — The Alabama Department of Public Health has confirmed the first case of COVID-19 in one of their employees Monday.
ADPH says that the employee works at the Bureau of Clinical Laboratories in Montgomery. The employee is said to have “had no public interaction on the job and was not working in COVID-19 testing.”
The employee and the staff that worked closely with them are now self-isolating at their homes.
ADPH says the building the employee worked in is not being cleaned and disinfected.
- Super Bowl Experience construction ramps up along Tampa Riverwalk
- Biden to block Trump’s plan to lift COVID-19 European travel restrictions
- Bucs with BA: Arians sets stage for Buccaneers-Packers showdown in NFC Championship
- Harvard physicist: ‘Serious possibility’ alien spacecraft visited solar system
- 24-pound cat looking for an adoptive family, workout partner