MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — The country’s top infectious diseases experts says states like Alabama have a window of opportunity to bring coronavirus cases under control, and spoke in favor of state and local requirements to wear masks in public.
Dr Anthony Fauci said Tuesday that the United States is in the midst of a resurgence of new coronavirus cases, sometimes seeing daily cases almost double over the country’s previous high. The director of the National Institute of Allergy and Diseases says state and local mandates to wear face coverings in public are beneficial to avoid sending mixed signals on the helpfulness of masks.
- Amended gambling bill passes Alabama Senate, heads to House
- Moderna vaccine remains 90 percent effective after 6 months, company says
- Lawsuit filed against defendants in alleged multi-million dollar Limestone County school fraud scheme
- Expert says Chauvin was justified in pinning down George Floyd
- Nearly 3 weeks after tornado, Ohatchee in need of volunteers