JEFFERSON COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office has arrested a man they say murdered his 2-month-old child back in July.
On July 29, JCSO deputies were called to the 100 block of Dalewood Manor Lane on reports of an unresponsive 2-month-old. The child, Amari Ruffin, had been sleeping with his father, Jamarius Ruffin, when the child was discovered to be not breathing.
Amari was transported to Children’s Hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
An autopsy was performed on Amari and it was discovered that the cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head. There were also previously acquired injuries discovered during the examination.
After investigating the evidence, JCSO issued a capital murder warrant against Jamarius Ruffin.
Ruffin is now being held at the Jefferson County Jail without bond.
- Amid pandemic, nursing home deaths jump 32% in 2020
- Travelers opting for ‘bucket List’ destinations after pandemic
- School board apologizes for tortillas thrown at California high school basketball team
- Florida double-murder suspect who acted as own attorney found guilty: ‘I did kill Kenyatta Barron’
- Lawsuit: Former MLB star Ben Zobrist says wife had affair with their pastor; sues him for millions