BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Traffic is being diverted and all lanes are shut down as law enforcement officials clear a fatal accident on an I-65 junction Tuesday evening.
According to a tweet from Birmingham Police, around 5:10 p.m. one person was killed in a traffic accident involving and 18-wheeler on the Interstate 65 at Interstate 20/59 North junction.
The wreck occurred when the 18-wheeler got into a wreck. The 18-wheeler was carrying cars and one of the vehicles fell off the truck, according to Birmingham Fire and Rescue Captain Gail DeJarnett. One person was pronounced dead at the scene and one person was transported to UAB hospital with unknown injuries.
The interstate will be shut down near this area for about two hours.
Check back with CBS 42 as we continue to update this story.
- Here’s how you can get your very own Tua Tagovailoa bobblehead
- Houston looks to boost turnout by offering 24-hour voting
- Second stimulus checks: How negotiations went from optimistic to ugly
- McWane Science Center helping kids learn the science behind Halloween
- Newsfeed Now: Biden returns to Iowa; Trump plays defense in Mich., Wis.