EUTAW, Ala. (WIAT) — Eutaw mayor-elect Latasha Johnson has been arrested and indicted by a grand jury for allegedly using her title for personal gain as well as giving false information to investigators.
The charges stem from Johnson’s time as a city councilwoman, according to Green County District Attorney Greg Griggers.
Johnson was elected mayor of Eutaw after defeating incumbent Raymond Steele earlier this month.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- Gabby Petito timeline: Remains found in Wyoming fit description of missing 22-year-old
- Cullman 7-year-old gives miracle to younger brother with sickle cell disease
- Body found in Wyoming believed to be Gabrielle Petito
- FBI: Remains found in Wyoming fit the description of Gabby Petito
- Jefferson County Deputy Willie Hall passes away