COOSA COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — An Equality volunteer firefighter was killed in a single-vehicle crash when responding to a fire call Friday afternoon.
According to the Coosa County Sheriff’s Office, firefighter Michael Johnston was called to the Speed Community at 231 South of Rockford. While responding, his truck overturned. Emergency services were called but Johnston died after the incident.
ALEA is still investigating the crash at this time.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- Central AL Forecast: Rain back for the end of the weekend
- Emmitt Smith goes 1-on-1 with Walter Payton’s son to discuss first Super Bowl, all-time rushing record
- 49ers’ Super Bowl run has similarities to 1981 title team
- Super Bowl back in Miami for 11th time after 10-year hiatus
- Parents arrested in connection to baby’s body found in dumpster; neighbors react to disturbing development