BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — As many across Alabama try to keep their distance and not go out during the coronavirus pandemic, one place people are staying away from is downtown Birmingham.
In drone footage shot by Kevin Henderson of SkyBama.com March 31, many parts of downtown are shown to be empty between 6 and 6:30 p.m. Parts of town shown were the Shipt building, Five Points, Red Mountain Expressway, the Alabama Theatre and other parts of the city’s north and south side.
The video was shared on Alabama Aerial Photography’s Facebook page Tuesday morning. Watch the footage below.
As of Tuesday, Jefferson County had the highest number of confirmed coronavirus cases in the state with 257 cases.
- NYPD vehicle drives into crowd during George Floyd protest; Mayor speaks out
- Central AL Forecast: Basking in the Sun for the Upcoming Week
- Protests heat up across US, governors call in National Guard
- WATCH LIVE: Crowds gather at National Civil Rights Museum for protest
- Live video: More cars burn following protests in downtown Cleveland