BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — As many across Alabama try to keep their distance and not go out during the coronavirus pandemic, one place people are staying away from is downtown Birmingham.
In drone footage shot by Kevin Henderson of SkyBama.com March 31, many parts of downtown are shown to be empty between 6 and 6:30 p.m. Parts of town shown were the Shipt building, Five Points, Red Mountain Expressway, the Alabama Theatre and other parts of the city’s north and south side.
The video was shared on Alabama Aerial Photography’s Facebook page Tuesday morning. Watch the footage below.
As of Tuesday, Jefferson County had the highest number of confirmed coronavirus cases in the state with 257 cases.
- UAB doctor: ‘We are seeing the highest number of patients I have ever taken care of in my 10 years of being a hospitalist’
- GM to recall 7 million vehicles worldwide to replace Takata air bags
- Hampton Roads native looking toward Tokyo Olympics; focusing on mental game during pandemic
- 15-year-old girl who beat cancer last summer dies of COVID-19
- Ghislaine Maxwell in COVID quarantine after prison staffer gets virus