CULLMAN, Ala. (WIAT) — Saturday, the Cullman Police Department and Cullman Fire Rescue helped celebrate a very special little girl’s last chemo treatment by participating in a drive-thru parade.
McKenna has been at St. Jude’s Hospital in Memphis since June 2019 undergoing treatment for retinoblastoma. McKenna’s mom, Angela Chasteen, explained that they originally planned to have a party to celebrate her last chemotherapy treatment, but the COVID-19 pandemic has made that impossible.
So, instead of a party, McKenna sat in her daddy’s lap and watched as police officers, fire fighters, and other well-wishers drove by her house to wave. (Even Batman was spotted driving by in the Batmobile!)
The City of Cullman made a Facebook post wishing McKenna a happy birthday.
- No. 8 Alabama recovers from slow start to beat Georgia 89-79
- No injuries reported after fire breaks out at Fairfield transmission shop
- Family dispute leaves one dead in Dora shooting
- Police arrest suspect during robbery attempt
- Senate approves President Biden’s COVID-19 relief plan, headed back to House for final approval