BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The couple accused of kidnapping and murdering Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney last year have pleaded not guilty to federal kidnapping charges against them.
During an arraignment hearing Thursday, Patrick Stallworth and Derick Brown pleaded not guilty to kidnapping and conspiracy to kidnap McKinney, a 3-year-old girl who was taken during a party at the Tom Brown Village housing project last October. Her body was found 10 days later in a dumpster in Jefferson County.
Stallworth and Brown are also charged with capital murder in McKinney’s death.
- Millions at risk of losing Medicaid coverage as pandemic provision ends
- Alabama mom arrested after six-year-old seriously injured in shooting
- Alabama woman’s death focus of upcoming ’48 Hours’ episode
- Biden administration brainstorms how to help families ‘stretch food dollars’
- Jon Stewart grills Gavin Newsom on California prison reform: ‘We have a public that demands certainty’