JEFFERSON COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — The latest on the Paighton Houston death investigation (all times local):
Jefferson County Coroner’s Office release Houston cause of death
The Jefferson County Coroner’s Office has confirmed the cause of death of missing woman Paighton Houston who disappeared after leaving the Tin Roof Bar and was later found in a shallow grave in Hueytown, Alabama.
The coroner’s office reports that Houston’s cause of death was morphine and methamphetamine toxicity. The office states that Houston’s manner of death was an accident.
The report also states that this circumstance represents an overdose and is classified as a drug-opioid death.
A suspect charged with abuse of a corpse in connection to Houston’s death investigation was arrested Wednesday night in Ohio. Suspect Fredrick Hampton is accused of disposing of Houston’s body behind a home on Chapel Drive in Hueytown.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Officers get down and dirty to save deaf and blind dog from sewer
- At Rushmore, Trump to say protesters seek to ‘defame’ heroes
- WATCH: How a farmer picks the perfect watermelon for the Fourth of July
- Police: Girl filmed while being attacked by group on North Tonawanda school property
- 19 train cars derailed on way to Macon, re-railing underway