JEFFERSON COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — The latest on the Paighton Houston death investigation (all times local):
Jefferson County Coroner’s Office release Houston cause of death
The Jefferson County Coroner’s Office has confirmed the cause of death of missing woman Paighton Houston who disappeared after leaving the Tin Roof Bar and was later found in a shallow grave in Hueytown, Alabama.
The coroner’s office reports that Houston’s cause of death was morphine and methamphetamine toxicity. The office states that Houston’s manner of death was an accident.
The report also states that this circumstance represents an overdose and is classified as a drug-opioid death.
A suspect charged with abuse of a corpse in connection to Houston’s death investigation was arrested Wednesday night in Ohio. Suspect Fredrick Hampton is accused of disposing of Houston’s body behind a home on Chapel Drive in Hueytown.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Tracking the Tropics: Tropical Storm Cristobal strengthening as it moves toward Louisiana
- Biden formally clinches Democratic presidential nomination
- LIVE: Columbus, Georgia community, leaders gather for “My Black has a Purpose Peace Rally”
- City of Bessemer extending curfew
- Bessemer Marines return home from year-long deployment; sergeant meets son for first time