TRUSSVILLE, Ala. (WIAT) — An employee at a Lowe’s store in Trussville has coronavirus, the company confirmed to CBS 42 Thursday afternoon.
The employee last worked at the store, located at 1885 Edward Lake Road, on March 18. According to Sarah Lively, a spokesperson for Lowe’s, the employee has been quarantined and is currently receiving care.
Lively said the store remained opened and was extensively cleaned according to guidelines set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In addition, associates who worked closely with the individual were put on paid leave.
This news comes days after another Lowe’s employee in Cullman tested positive for COVID-19. The same steps were taken to clean and quarantine employees.
It was not revealed which department the infected employee worked in.
- A record 6.6 million seek US jobless aid as layoffs mount
- UAB doctor offers new guidance on masks for COVID-19
- WATCH: Stocks shake off an early stumble and turn slightly higher
- World Games in Birmingham pushed back to 2022 due to Tokyo Olympics rescheduling
- Coronavirus in Florida: Tampa woman self-isolating with rescue ducks