TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — Construction is underway on the new $150 million Tutwiler Residence Hall on the University of Alabama campus.
The new 365,000-square-foot dormitory will be home to 1,285 first-year female students. It will replace the existing Tutwiler Residence Hall, next to the site.
News outlets report that construction is set to be completed by mid-2022.
The new facility will be the third residence hall built on the campus over a 100-year time span honoring Julia Tutwiler, an education and prison reform advocate.
- Aggressive squirrels terrorize Florida family in their condo
- Shanahan: ‘No injuries to report’ ahead of 49ers NFC Championship game
- New exhibit at Vulcan Park honors women’s suffrage movement
- Bessemer police investigate Friday night shooting
- Gov. Kay Ivey on list of 10 most popular governors in the country