BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Congressional Delegation is in the Magic City for Faith In Politics will be holding a news conference outside of 16th Street Baptist Church at 4:30 p.m.
The Delegation includes Congresswoman Sewell, Speaker Pelosi and 50 other members. Saturday, February 7, is the 55th anniversary of ‘Bloody Sunday.’
Fifty-five years ago on March 7, 1965, civil rights leaders and over 500 marchers walked from Selma to the capitol in Montgomery to protest the shooting death of activist Jimmie Lee Jackson. They got only as far as the Edmund Pettus Bridge six blocks away, where state and local lawmen attacked them with billy clubs and tear gas and drove them back into Selma.
- Woman charged with shooting at husband at Huntsville hotel
- Lockport 8-year-old donates hundreds of coats to those in need
- Rare sight! Albino buck spotted roaming through Wisconsin backyard
- Central AL Forecast: Rain returns tomorrow & Sunday; HUGE cooldown next week
- Second stimulus check: President-elect Biden’s thoughts on $1,200 payments