BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Birmingham City Council will vote on funding to bring back 132 furloughed workers, City council President William Parker said.
Parker tells CBS 42 News the city will consider the authorization of $4.5 million to bring back the workers. Those workers include full-time library and park board employees.
The city council will meet Tuesday morning to vote.
- Managers hopeful end of pandemic unemployment funding will help labor shortage
- ‘Bin Laden’ blamed for Mexican police commander’s assassination
- Chipotle increasing average wage to $15 per hour
- Angela Mayo sentenced to 50 years for Tuscaloosa murder after guilty plea
- Disabled migrant girl whose father carried her most of the journey from Honduras allowed to seek care in U.S.