TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — Concerns over COVID-19 were not enough to keep people from gathering, albeit remotely, in the parking lot of DCH Regional Medical Center Sunday for a worship service.
The service was held by Church of the Highland Sunday afternoon, where worship music was played and prayer was held. Video of the event showed people standing by their cars, separate from one another, holding worship.
The service was held to pray for doctors, patients and medical workers dealing with coronavirus cases.
Those who took part in the service did not leave their cars.
- Central AL Forecast: Gloomy Weather Returns Today With A Few Showers
- Martin Luther King Jr.’s family speaks on his legacy
- How will a $15-per-hour federal minimum wage impact Alabama small businesses?
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional
- Four people injured after multiple shootings in Monroe County