CHILTON COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — The Alabama Forestry Commission (AFC) announced that a Chilton County forest ranger had passed away in a single-vehicle car crash Tuesday afternoon.
James Hall had been with the agency for a year, according to AFC. The commission says the crash appeared to have been weather-related.
“We extend our deepest condolences to the Hall family during this time of tragedy,” AFC said in a Facebook post. “Our thoughts and prayers are with them, as well as with all those fellow AFC employees who worked side by side with James.”
Funeral arrangements have not been released at this time.
- Central AL Forecast: One more dry day, rain chances and a possible cool-down coming
- 2 arrested after leading deputies on chase believed to be a kidnapping
- US Supreme Court grants Alabama’s request to halt ruling on curbside voting
- Alabama groups and lawmakers react to Pope Francis same-sex union comments
- Coronavirus vaccine: When will it be ready and will it be safe?