CENTER POINT, Ala. (WIAT) — On Valentine’s Day, Center Point Elementary school students came together to honor their beloved classmate.
The classmates, teacher, and principal of Ta’Narius Moore, Jr., also known as TJ, planted a tree and released balloons in his memory.
The dedication started Friday morning at 10 a.m. at Center Point Elementary.
“TJ was a ray of sunshine in his class and our entire school. Every time he was seen he had a smile on his face,” said Jay Gary, principal at Center Point Elementary. “We thought that Valentine’s Day would be a great day to memorialize and plant a tree in his honor.”
Moore died last December after a stay bullet hit him during a dispute between family members. He was transferred to Children’s Hospital for treatment and later pronounced dead by hospital staff as a result of his injury.
Since the shooting, Rickkia Allen, 29, has been charged with capital murder. Allen was seen in court in early January for a preliminary hearing and is in custody at the Jefferson County Jail.
- Forestdale community concerned about massive dump fire
- A message from Kelsey Starling’s dive team, one year later
- Hotel employee calls police on Black family of guests using pool
- Tommy Tuberville campaign bus fire shuts down portions of I-59 in DeKalb County
- New York man accused of stealing $50K in food from charity