Birmingham, AL., (WIAT) — Despite the social guidelines in place and restrictions on nursing homes visitations, Longleaf Liberty Park Living Facility in Vestavia Hills is looking to make the day special.
The facility is equipped with state approved Plexiglass wall that was put up last month. Longleaf Executive Director Leslie Carter sa reidsidents are able to sit on one side while family members sit on the other side.
This year for Mother’s Day, residents and they’re loved ones are planting flowers and decorating pots for mothers day.
“It really gives them a way to connect, the Plexiglass that we’re using of course its different its not the normal ….. makes it more meaningful,” Carter said.
- Tuscaloosa’s Walt Maddox talks COVID-19, new face mask order
- Bat-wielding grandmother confronts protesters in Michigan
- Weekend benefit will raise money for slain Alabama officer Nick O’Rear’s children
- WATCH LIVE: St. Clair Co. Sheriff Office to provide update on death investigation of Sgt. Williams
- It’s National Doughnut Day! Here’s where you can score free doughnuts