Birmingham, AL., (WIAT) — Despite the social guidelines in place and restrictions on nursing homes visitations, Longleaf Liberty Park Living Facility in Vestavia Hills is looking to make the day special.
The facility is equipped with state approved Plexiglass wall that was put up last month. Longleaf Executive Director Leslie Carter sa reidsidents are able to sit on one side while family members sit on the other side.
This year for Mother’s Day, residents and they’re loved ones are planting flowers and decorating pots for mothers day.
“It really gives them a way to connect, the Plexiglass that we’re using of course its different its not the normal ….. makes it more meaningful,” Carter said.
- Homicide investigation underway in east Birmingham
- At least 1 dead as Hurricane Zeta hammers Gulf Coast
- Red Cross gearing up for Hurricane Zeta
- East Alabama prepares for potential impacts from Zeta
- FBI warns ransomware assault threatens US healthcare system