CARBON HILL, Ala. (WIAT) — The mayor of Carbon Hill, Ala. Mark Chambers has turned in a letter of resignation Saturday.
Saturday Chambers made a Facebook post stating he no longer will support Alabama football and Saban. This does not come long after Alabama football made a social media post in support of the Black Lives Matter movement.
Carbon Hill city officials say he turned in his letter of resignation. Greg Andrews is Mayor Pro Tem. He will assume the seat, however, if he does not wish to assume the mayoral role, the city council can appoint anyone to the seat.
There is a special called meeting Wednesday, July 1.
- More than 5,000 students not showing up to classes this school year
- Biden introduces national security team as official transition begins
- $100B year propels Elon Musk past Bill Gates to become the world’s second wealthiest person
- Sunbeam recalls 940,000 crock-pots ahead of Thanksgiving due to burn risk
- UAB women’s basketball cancels game vs Tennessee Tech due to COVID-19