LOWNDES COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — The Lowndes County District Attorney Charlotte Tesmer has confirmed that a capital murder warrant has been signed for the suspect in the death of Lowndes County Sheriff “Big John” Williams.
18-year-old William Chase Johnson turned himself into police after authorities say he shot and killed the sheriff. He was charged with felony murder at the time.
The shooting happened Nov. 23 at a convenience store at the intersection of Highway 21 and Highway. 97.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- Magic City Classic tickets will be virtual, offering a limited number of tickets at box office
- Min wage provision threatens success of COVID relief bill
- Police chief warns militia groups ‘want to blow up’ Capitol during State of the Union
- Olympics gymnastics coach John Geddert dies by suicide following human trafficking, sexual assault charges
- ‘I just want to be an average human’: 13-year-old science lover who lost his mom looking for a new family